Application packets must be received by the Contractors’ Association of Greater New York, Inc. at: 950 Third Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, New York 10022, Attn: Dawn Zanichelli, or via email to: email@example.com (best method) or facsimile to: 212-954-5197, by no later than April 14, 2023.
Your application packet MUST contain the following:
1) A completed JAC Scholarship Application Form attached hereto;
2) Your high school transcript through the first seven semesters of your high school attendance (student can submit their most recent transcript);
3) A written recommendation from your high school principal, assistant principal, guidance counselor or teacher (can be emailed separately by teacher, counselor, etc. or submitted along with student's application);
4) A personal statement (not to exceed two (2) typed pages) that discusses any topic that will enhance the Committee’s assessment of your application, including the reason(s) for which you seek this scholarship, your interest in pursuing a career of your choice, or any special life circumstances that the Committee should consider;
5) The official report of your SAT or ACT scores, or, if an official report is not available, a printed copy will be accepted as long as the student's name is printed on the form (the name cannot be handwritten onto the form); (it can be a screenshot as long as the student's name is printed within the screenshot); or a brief statement (typewritten or legibly written in pen) if the student was exempt from taking the SAT or ACT test due to the pandemic or other circumstances; and
6) For the NYC Public High School Awards only: A brief statement (typewritten or legibly written in pen) explaining your interest in pursuing a professional/managerial career in the construction industry.